Wednesday 20 March 2013

Taking a small break from my own kitchen last night, my Husband and I went "Out for a kebab" with his sister and her partner........

I know I normally  battle against fast food venues but this was different.

Fantastic Turkish on London/Surrey borders

We have eaten here several times and the quality of food and service is great, in addition Tuesday night is now "Belly dancer night"

Needless to say great fun was had by all and the boys were very pleased.

Now on a more sombre note I must go back to my search for quality product and my belief in Artisan production and local sourcing.

I have long followed CAMRA since introduced to them by Biker friends some 10years ago.....

I was shocked yesterday to read an attack on pub landlords by a 'gentleman' who drinks in a large chain of pubs offering "Curry & a pint for £5" saying that £3+ for a pint is daylight robbery!!!!!

The large chain pubs, like the large supermarket chains are killing the smaller pubs and freehouses in this country, bulk buying substandard beverage and selling cheap.

The rebirth and boom of Independant microbreweries in the UK is a wonderful thing, flavour, body and quality are as important in beer as they are in fine wines..... the skill required in brewing a decent ale is equal to that of a prize winning enologist and should be revered as such.

I am blessed with a prizewinning hostelry only 8 bus stops away, no Sky TV, no piped Muzak, no slots....... just Good beer, great knowledgable staff, homecooked and reasonably priced food and good conversation.

It is owned by a consortium of locals and managed by a wonderful chap who knows his stuff.

All I can recommend is that you check out your local "Real Ale" public house, forget the mass produced gassy lagers and try something different........ it may not be £2.50 a pint, but you won't need to drink 6 pints anyway so it will work out healthier for your wallet and you'll be helping keep another British tradition alive.

My local is :http://www.hopecarshalton.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment